pretasaṁsthā tu cāmuṇḍā vārāhī mahiṣāsanā |
aindrī gajasamārūḍhā vaiṣṇavī garuḍāsanā ||
māheśvarī vṛṣārūḍhā kaumārī śikhivāhanā |
lakṣmīḥ padmāsanā devī padmahastā hari priyā ||
devī kavaca 9 – 10
cāmuṇḍā is situated on a ghost, vārāhī on a bull, aindrī is seated on an elephant, vaiṣṇavī on an eagle, māheśvarī on a Taurus, kaumārī on a peacock, lakṣmī whose hands are adorned with whilst seated on a lotus flower.
Left to right:
1. Brahmani Devi – The consort of Lord Brahmā
2. Vaishanvi Devi – The consort of Lord Visnu
3. Maheshvari Devi – The consort of Lord Shiva
4. Kumari Devi – The consort of Kartikey (The son of Lord Shiva)
5. Varahi Devi – The consort of Lord Varaha (The second incarnation of Lord Visnu)
6. Indrani Devi – The consort of Indra deva
7. Chamunda Devi – The consort of Lord Shiva in the form of Chamunda/Kali
Sampathkari Devi and Ashvarudha Devi are not classed within the seven mother goddesses.